Zylia's Adventures

Zylia is a character on Quetzalcoatl Server on Final Fantasy 11. This blog documents her achievements as well as that of her linkshells.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Bringing back the black mage!

After a long long break, Zylia the black magic caster is back! I think... lol. I've been wanting to get away from thief (at least something thats a break, I'm not retiring thief and I plan on getting 75 over winter break). It's hard for me to xp thief when I'm at college. Theres just too much to do outside of the game and lately parties I've been have been extending to 5 hours or up. I can't afford that especially with finals approaching.

So, I got really good gear for my black mage, at least the best that I could say I'd suffice for. Not the absolute best, but if someone checked me, they'd at least comment slightly that I was well equipped. I bought my eremites+1, morion earrings and all the +1 seer's gear (minus the body piece, as I find 1mp insignificant for the price of the +1 version). The one item that I wanted but didn't get was the sash, but it cost upwards of a mill and I just can't justify it just restarting the job. If it was my thief, I'd probably not doubt it. I like to have a little bit of a surplus of gil too, incase a 600k sushi binge is around the corner ^.~.

So I wandered around and skilled dark a little with Yufafa. Left my flag up the whole time. I was killing a Goob in Rolanberry fields when I got an invite. Ran out to Crawler's nest at less than full mp. When I got to camp the thief had pulled a link (which they were managing kinda.. the beetles were falling out of our level range). Suffice it to say... we didn't stay at the beetle camp long when I got there. We moved toward my favorite crawler camp at the end of the tunnel leading to the exoray portion of CN. I asked Drkstr a ton of questions last night. I've always been confused on the bio vs dia thing, but Shyrra corrected me and now I feel quite stupid for not reading the captions on the spells. Drkstr helped me a ton with timing MB's. I always found Tier I spells really easy, just cast upon the skillchain animation! Tier II however I hadn't really had any experience MBing. I had just received Blizzard II, which is probably one of the first REAL Tier II MB since distortion nearly became a standard around that level on my thief. I leveled to 42 during a ENM run, so its only natural I never had practice. It was so much fun MBing that, and I only missed 2-3 (2 because my boyfriend called, I primarily missed them because they were at the start of the fight and I was just routinely elemental debuffing and I messed up >_<) All in all I'm definitley getting the hang of BLM. I want to keep my spells completely up to date though as I go. I hate not having a complete spellbook.

The party went pretty well, well the first group of people that is. We had a JP ninja tank and that was a blast. The whm had almost full mp all the time. Our RDM was a newbie though... he didn't realize what Convert did and when he dinged 41, much to my dismay, he didn't have refresh with him. It's ok though. An exoray mold dropped and he said he needed it, so thats when I took him to the side and told him about Convert. Can't expect them to learn on their own. I had to get taught how to use SATA. I warned him heavily that its not free mp and that its not safe at all to do that near mobs who AoE or during bad situations. its HP<->MP not HP->MP. After the ninja left, we got a pld and from that point on things started slowing down. Eventually we lost a few members. By midnight, I was the last member fromt he old party in the party. This party should've ended when 3/4 of us left instead of replacing almost everyone. The party configuration switched from nin thf war blm whm rdm to pld sam sam rdm blm blm(this one was otw). Really nice set up at this level really. Phraust one of the SAM's, pulled a link and didn't realize an exoray had also linked on him. I told him on his way back, not to worry about the two crawlers linking because I had sleep and wasn't a big issue. On his way back... I saw the exoray clomping behind him and screamed 'Exoray nooo' 'Exo exo exo' but I guess it was too late and he started running in. I was resting at the time, so the exo ran right up and nailed me. They're almost impossible to sleep I tell you -_- at least at my level. So yeah, we wiped. A friend had just came to CN though so he sent his RDM's over to raise us. We got raised up. After being raised... the taru samurai went afk.... and didn't come back. We waited around, killed a few using Phraust's two hour and otherwise very slowly. Then the tank was having connection problems and disconnected. Don't think he came back ever. Oh well.. we all were kind of tired. I tried my hardest to find a new tank (seeing as I got dumped with leader once again...) but it was late and I had to go soon and I couldn't get anything. Phraust finally said to cut our losses and call it a night, though I had just called a black mage out to replace me and he had just arrived. Way to make me look bad to a JP... :( Anyways, the original party was really good. The second one had a really good potential..... but it never reached it.

Tonight's going to be somewhat limited play time. I know that for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home