Zylia's Adventures

Zylia is a character on Quetzalcoatl Server on Final Fantasy 11. This blog documents her achievements as well as that of her linkshells.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Small update

Eulore says I don't update my blog enough. So I'll do a mini-inbetweentheactuallyinterestingstuff blog entry!

Yesterday I had class so I missed the first two windows of Fafnir. He ended up spawning second window, Kaizen claimed and ripped him a new one in about 15 minutes. Might miss the one tonight too which kinda blows-_-...

Yesterday was kind of lame. I got my Dark Torque finally. Been staring at the AH for a few weeks now trying to find one. Three were on the AH last night so I finally snagged one for about 200k. Problem is now I am broke again. Joy. So I spent most of last night fishing......

Much to my great disappointment, apparently I'm profitting more off of my side-sale cash now than my main fishing goal. I used to get a ton of squid and chop them into sushi for some major profit. My HQer is busted or something as of late, therefore the 20k/stack fish oil broths seem to be netting me more gil than my squid sushiNQ... 11k a stack for them is really really lame. :(

Trying to work out a few things I'd like to acquire in the near future for my BLM...
A.hands for sure...
Nashira feet or body...
Yigit stuffs...

Enhancing I need:
Augmenting Earring
Merciful Cape

Dark I need:
Merciful Cape
Sorceror's Gloves
Nashira Manteel <3
Dark Earring
Diabolos's Ring

Elemental I need:
Elemental Earring (iffy)
Merciful Cape
Ice Ring
Sorceror's Petasos
Druid Slops
Nashira Crackows...

Magic Atk Bonus really need to work on.. meh...

One thing I definitley have a new appreciation for is Conserve MP. I never really realized the impact it had until I managed to obtain my JSE feet. with my weskit and my huraches I have a total of +6 Conserve MP. With Magnetic Earring I could bolster that to +11 Conserve MP... with Relic Feet that could go to +12 Conserve MP. Really some other aspects of BLM that I've been looking into as of late. I'm contemplating obtaining a few of the Avatar rings as well. Water Ring on Watersday has a +15 Conserve MP bonus... Situational items are always a plus when its prevalent to use them. Some come at a cost though, would the Conserve MP bonus really take place over a snow ring? I'm not sure... An Item like the Duende Cotehardie which grants Conserve MP+4 rather than the 2 given on Weskit is not worth losing the skill and MAB that the weskit grants. With the huaraches, I'm losing out on a few intelligence, but my MP is being partially conserved... Cost/Benefit relationship that I still need to toy with a bit. I really think once I get my Sorcerer's Sabots it'll be very likely that I will only be using my huaraches for my dark and enhancing set, leaving them on my feet most of the time. Comparing Rostrums to the Sabots is kind of iffy. The Rostrums grant a bit of MND and INT, with a fast cast bonus and some MP. Fast cast is nice, but not always 100% valueable, and the +30 MP they grant may be conserved in a Conserve MP activation. It's a big toss up on some equipment...

Want to continue to build on my enhancing set as well. It seems like the closest one I can get to completion. Merciful Cape, which I think I'm up next for, and Augmenting Earring which isn't that expensive and I think I have just about all the gear that a BLM can have to bolster Enhancing. I probably wont even think about meriting it, but I have a very fond appreciation of swapping on my enhancing skill+ set when casting my buffs.

Works over, may add to this entry later but must depart for now! Sorry no pictures =P

1 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger peterjez said…

    I'm not sure but it might be worth building up MND instead of enhancing if you really are concerned about your stoneskin strength. At least a Kirin's pole would be pretty useful for that (without sacraficing any +enhancing). Another thing to consider would be hp+ items (or at least avoid hp-). Although your stoneskins would be weaker, you most likely wouldn't die due to high hp. I have high hp as an elvaan +40 hp merits and I rarely die -- except at Kirin when I don't expect a 80% Astral Flow and don't have stoneskin up XD

    Anyways just some other aspects to think about.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home